November 21, 2013
I usually don’t go dark on the blog unless I’m traveling or visiting family. No such luck. I’ve been here in SF toiling away and completely beleaguered. I think it’s official: too many irons in the fire.
But I need to make the effort. So here I am. Effort-ing.
Though, if I’m honest with myself, ever since Xanga switched to this new look/platform my blogging has slacked. I think it’s the blog’s look and feel. All this reminds me that I need to get going on a new website and transfer this blog and its archives over.
So what’s going on?
Well, the Bay Area Latino Theatre Artists Network (BALTAN) has set the date for its second potluck gathering. I unfortunately won’t be able to make it as rehearsals for The River Bride begin early December. So it’s starting. My first local show is about to begin rehearsals. In fact, this weekend I head up to San Rafael to meet with my directors (I have two) so we can go over the entire script.
In the meantime, I need to do edits on both The River Bride and Wolf at the Door.
And there’s also the gender parity portal (formerly the toolkit). Director Christine Young and I met earlier this month to finally touch base on the project. So far we’ve figured out that the project should roll out in stages. As for the development of the resources, we may need to gather a national committee to help develop it. Yikes. Big project. But well worth it.
And I never finished the Storify I was working on to document my Latino Theatre Commons experience. I’ll attempt to finish it on Sunday perhaps.
Now that I think about it a lot has happened since I last blogged. And a lot of it contributed to the fact that I wasn’t able to blog.
Here’s what happened:
- I went to Boston for four days to attend the Latino Theatre Commons. And it was awesome!
- I met with Christine Young to discuss the gender parity portal–a resource for theatre artists
- I saw Solitude by Evelina Fernandez. The Latino Theatre Company performed at Brava. I am so happy I saw this performance. It was a wonderful evening of theatre and so amazing to see Brava filled.
- Participated in a grantwriting workshop for artists. Two weekend workshops and lots of free time went to working on my grant proposal. Cross those fingers.
- Rehearsal for the One Minute Play Festival. I have two plays in the festival. My friend Hugo is directing one of the pieces and I attended the initial rehearsal–which was great.
- Phone call with my directors prepping for an in-person meeting to go over the script (The River Bride)
- Received an invitation to submit to an invitation-only developmental conference. Cross those fingers.
- Attended week-long mega conference (SalesForce) while still trying to do regular day-job duties.
- In between all this running around I would occasionally collapse on my futon and fall asleep watching a movie.
Which brings us to today.
Post a Comment
- jack gilhooley on Oh Where, Oh Where Have I Been
- Betty on The River Bride is Co-Winner of the 2013 National Latino Playwriting Award
- broadhead on
- mtorta on
- darkorphan on