This post is a bit of a hodgepodge of what's going on and there's kinda of a lot. Not tons, but I feel busy. So here we go:
Phew. And of course there's plenty of work to be done at my 9 to 5.
- Check out the latest 2AMTheatre blog I wrote entitled, "What Are Your Playwright Best Practices?". This all started last week when I messaged my online brain trust asking them this exact question and of course David Loehr suggested I turn that question into a blog post. So I did. With the hopes of getting some ideas from others and putting my own ideas out there.
- I need to write and send in another blog post for another theatre blog. If and when they publish it I'll of course point to it. I'm going to write on developing my own career blueprint, which is very much related to taking those best practices and articulating a long term plan.
- I have two submission deadlines--no wait, three!--that are fast approaching. Guess who's going to spend her Friday night working on her O'Neil statement of objectives? This gal.
- This weekend I'll be spending quite a bit of time with AlterTheater as all the participants in AlterLab present their first drafts. That is we're all bringing in our first draft of the piece we'll work on for the remainder of the season. We opted to do this because if we just brought in our plays piecemeal, i.e. scene by scene, it would be very challenging to get any meaningful feedback until our peers had a clearer idea what the entire narrative of the play was. For better or worse, we've decided to push ourselves and each bring in a first draft, no matter how rough, to share. That way when we start our monthly workshops everyone will have a general idea what each person is working on.
- I need to organize a table reading of Heart Shaped Nebula. I want to do this in early October, but have kinda encountered a bit of a road block--nothing major or truly troublesome, just a communications issue. (Thankfully not a "miss"communication issue.)
Back to it!
| ||Posted 9/23/2011 10:09 AM - 42 Views - 0 eProps - 0 comments|
Give eProps or Post a Comment